— a photobook by Chan Dick
Inside the human body is a hidden landscape, an incredible sight to behold.
Switch on your imagination and look - isn't that a flower, a tree, a river valley? Did you spot the contour of a mountain, or the mouth of a volcano, the origin of life as some would describe it to be?
Whatever you see - a crocodile, the stem of a plant, a piece of lace fabric, or even a flying spaceship - they all come from human anatomical specimens of ages gone, of times past, but somehow still invigorated with life.
Each piece is unique, just like every human being is, leading viewers on a trek to rediscover our extraordinary body that is a universe in itself.
The Trek is not a textbook or an atlas of human anatomy. It is an expedition that helps you better understand yourself if you savor the chapters with a dose of imagination. After all, isn’t that what travelling is all about?
- Publisher: brownie publishing ltd.
- ISBN: 978-988-77970-8-1
- Designer: Choi Kim Hung
- With support from the University of Hong Kong
- Size: 290 x 320 mm
- 88 pages
- 36 images
- Binding: Box set
- Publication year: 2018
- Edition: 1st Edition – 700 copies
Special paper used
- Sagan GA for the cover, providing a hard, mineral feel reminiscent of sandstone.
- Tablo paper from Japan, used for 16 of the pages, to provide a high quality newspaper-ly feel.
- MTA+FS, coated printing art paper with superior quality for photo printing, for 70 of the pages.
Where to buy
- Brownie publishing's online bookstore
- Bookstores in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau, including Eslite and Joint Publishing